Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's the Holiday Season...

Well folks - it's that time of year! The snow fell yesterday - the roads got all nice and icy - and that means people lose their ability to drive well. I think it's just that the whiteness floating around is very distracting. It may also be the fact that they are all so used to following way to closely.


But that is not the reason for this post (even though I did have fun experiencing it last night). At school, McConn hot drinks are in high demand, final projects are due, and the dreaded FINAL COMPS and HEAD-TO-TOE exams are here for Sophomore nursing students.  
If only it was that easy.  As i put my Nursing Portfolio together - the one that holds all of my accomplishments for the last 4 years - I ran across my Head-to-Toe grade sheet - and my skin began to crawl.  In speaking with a person of authority that I will not name - He/She agreed that the amount of work required for the Head-to-Toe is unrealistic since nurses don't even do those type of assessments. Now Nurse Practitioners - definitely - but that's what Nurse Practitioner school is for. Let me just say this now - "I feel soooo sorry for you Sophomore Level Nursing Students. I know you want to curl up in a ball and cry.... but we had to do it too."

This should be the chant all Soph. nursing students say everyday - "This too shall pass - as long as I pass."

I found some awesome Mouse Pads online - and think they are GREAT!!!!


HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment