Thursday, December 30, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW

Hola-
  My Christmas Break has been full of movies. Since all of my friends live far away - and when the parents are at work and the siblings are off at work and hanging out in Virginia... I have to fill my time somehow - so I watch movies. Unlike my roommate who cannot stay awake during a movie - I really enjoy them. I love going to the movie theater - getting a soda, sharing popcorn with someone (since I don't want to spend ALL of my money) and usually another snack - such as Sour Patch Kids :)


I just realized that I have been to the theater 4 times since being on break.... there are A LOT of movies out there!


Movie # 1: How Do You Know.
     This movie was ok. Lindsey and I sat there as the credits were rolling - and we weren't sure what the title was asking. How do you know what? We did appreciate how awkward it was - there were no smooth lines. It felt good to see the actors look uncomfortable - since they normally seem very confident. On a scale of 1-10... I would give it a 7.


Movie # 2: Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
      I liked this movie - it continues the series well. The cousin was SUPER annoying - but I think that was the point - so that worked well... but he was SOOO ANNOYING! Not wanting to see him again would keep me from seeing this again right away - but I would definitely see it again.... just not right now. I would give this movie an 8.5.


Movie # 3: Little Fockers.
     This was a funny movie - Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro continue to work well together - very funny. I love it when all of the original actors return to a series. Jessica Alba was kinda weird though. I would give this movie a 7.5.


Movie # 4: Tron.
     I was a little concerned about this movie - b/c the night before I saw it - I had a nightmare about it - and then the earthquake happened... but it ended up being a good movie! The special effects were really cool - it would have been interesting to see in 3D - but I might have thrown up. I was still able to follow the plot - even though I didn't see the original. I sorta wish I was able to see some more of the technology that the original company - just to see what they could come up with. I would give this movie an 8.


Well - these were the movies that I wanted to see while on Christmas Break - and overall - I was pleased! Now I'm looking forward to all of the superhero movies that will be coming out soon - and Breaking Dawn - that needs to come out soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment