Sunday, May 16, 2010

Man it's been a while

Hello,
   Sorry it has been so long since I've been on here... almost a week. Well this has been a very busy week. I worked on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings at the hospital - and had to spend most of Thursday recuperating from working those 3 days. Amy and I watched Glee while I slipped in and out of consciousness...
*PAUSE*
Sorry about that - my dog just had an accident in my parents' new house. Awesome.
Anyway - so we had a softball game on Thursday. Let's just say it wasn't all that great. I had an incident with my shoulder before the game even started - and then during our first inning in the field - I pulled my quad while trying to catch a fly ball. That was great too. Even if I would've stayed in the game - we most likely would have lost. They called the mercy rule during the 5th inning - it wasn't a good night for our team. Well - at least I'll be in the Philippines for the next 2 games - hopefully there will be a change while I'm gone. But sadly I work during our next game when I get back... maybe it's not meant to be. (Amy would probably beg to differ). I am excited about our shirt though!
Friday and Saturday were dedicated to helping my parents get moved in to their new house in Marion, IN. Before we headed down to Marion on Friday - we took Barkley to Ft Wayne to get groomed - always an interesting adventure - and to get me some stuff for my trip. We made it to Marion in the afternoon and got to work cleaning the new house. After our late dinner - we had a good time talking and spending time together. Saturday morning and early afternoon was spent on the landscape... we definitely made a difference with the work we did :-)
We were put to work pulling weeds

Working on putting in new plants

Finished project with the new mulch


So tomorrow is the eve of leaving for my trip to the Philippines. It is crazy to think that the trip is right around the corner. It's a little stressful to think that in a little over 24 hours, I will be preparing to fly halfway around the world for 12 days... but it should be an awesome experience. I am not sure what my blog will look like while I'm gone - I will try to get to an internet cafe while I'm gone - but if I can't, I will do make-up posts once I get back and post several pictures. I hope you have a good week - and pray for us as we leave!
Peace,
  Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment