Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day Seven

    On Day Seven we had our second clinic at another Aeta village. We got up to the village and there was a crowd waiting for us.  This is what the houses looked like at this village - they were a little different from the houses at the other village - but still cool.  Today I was on crafts - and Darcy and I were making Salvation Necklaces. It was fun b/c everyone (even the adults) wanted them.
    It was pretty crazy at the clinic - same like every other day. Everyone from around comes to see the doctors - and to probably look at the white people. Case and point.


So these two women waved me over and said "picture, picture!" grabbed their kids, and had someone else take a picture on their cell phone. In another picture - she was pointing at me... apparently - I'm Barbie. I was just laughing so hard b/c they waved all of their kids over to take a picture with me :-)
  So here are some pictures from our day of clinic...
It started raining - we had to run for cover

Pharmacy

Food distribution

The food we gave to the kids

It was a pretty steep wall...

We were sitting at a little table...
   So we rode back to the Children's Home in the back of the truck - and I got sunburned :-) Oh Doxycycline (My malaria medication) - so even with sunscreen - I turned a nice red color. We had some more time relaxing when we got back... swimming... and had our own little drug ring - counting vitamins. It was a funny picture if someone would walk in and we are all passed out with vitamins laying around us. That was also the night that I took a Benadryl for my heat rash on my face... passed out right after dinner. 7 pm. Wowzie dowzie.
Day Seven - Complete
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment